Monday, September 14, 2009

Operation Crib

So I decided to try my first project since I'm here in Oregon now and everything else is new. I got a used crib from craigslist and am now in the process of repainting it! Much more paint than I though and those spindles can be a pain to try to sand! I'm halfway done now...and hopefully this week I will finish because the whole bending thing is getting more uncomfortable by the day! So here is a picture of the before (right side) and after (left side)! If you can't tell the difference please don't tell me!! You can in real life, there were lots of black marks and it was turning yellow-creme color instead of the bright white I wanted! I'm sure little Gracie is going to LOVE it as soon as she gets the chance to try it out! Only about 6 weeks until she's due to come! We are getting so excited and can't wait except it's a good thing she's not quite here b/c she would have no crib or carseat or stroller...but as it is I have plenty of time to finish preparations! I love my Dr. here which is very settling for an almost mother getting a new Dr at 32 weeks! Now if only my little sweetie can get me out of the primary program on October 25! If she can just come a few days early then I won't have to sit on a hard bench all during Sacrament 3 days before she's due! Of course that's when the primary program is since they just called me to be the primary pianist. More pictures to come of the finished crib! And maybe someday I'll post some pictures of our new home here!

4 comments:

  1. that crib is awesome! i love it!!! i can definitely tell the difference, silly. also, good luck avoiding the piano playing. i'll keep my fingers crossed that she will help you out with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks Great! It feels so good to work on a project and have it turn out how you want! I love craigslist. What a great find!! By the way, I love the name Gracie!!! I can't wait to hear the news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definately looks much better. If you have time you can find 2 more to refinish. Just Kidding. We'll eventually need to go crib shopping, but they're much happier in swings and bouncers. Nicole was the same way. She didn't sleep in her crib until she was about 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Your crib is so cute, I think you have done an excellent job painting it and I can only imagine how cute little gracie is going to look in it.

    ReplyDelete