Friday, September 3, 2010

Another Legacy to Follow

It seems I was just writing one of these for my Grandpa Smith. All I can think is I am so very lucky to have so many truly amazing people that have been in my life. It saddens me to think my children won't know them well in this life, but delights me to now they'll be with them now and they will be watching over them now and when they come to our home on earth.





Grandma Hamilton passed away this morning, and what a wonderful blessing it is.  She has certainly fulfilled her calling here on earth and deserves a wonderful reunion with her beloved husband, which I am sure is going on at this very moment!  I can honestly say  I have only had about 7 in person encounters with her and each is very memorable in my mind.  She reminds me so much of my own Grandmother in so many ways she affected me in a wonderful way from the beginning.  The seven events are 1. Our wedding-yes, believe it or not that's the first time I met her.  2. Thanksgiving at her home 3. Grandpa Hamilton's funeral 4. Family reunion 5. Shawn and Meggan's wedding 6. When we took Gracie to meet her for the first time at Christmas time, and 7. Stopping for the night to visit on the way to Utah in May. ( I hope I didn't miss any, but I'm pretty sure I got them all).  I am grateful for each of these times I have been blessed to share with her.   A few things that I think of when I think of her would definately include her amazing talent, I was always amazed when I watched her play the piano (and felt very incompetent when she asked me to play duets with her-although she was very generous with her praise).  She was such a sweet, giving woman who cared so deeply for her family, I can see her smile and laugh in my mind right now.  I remember her birthday calls, which will surely be missed by all.  I remember the letter she sent us after Gracie is born that is very dear to my heart and I've re-read it many times.  Grandma, these beautiful memories and many more by those who love you will be cherished forever.  You are truly the kind of woman we would all hope to become.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Andrea and Todd! I hope everything is going ok. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete